Our client is an award winning 5 star rated housebuilder who operate within the Thames Valley region and is part of a group with one of the largest and secure pipelines of high-quality private and affordable homes in the UK.
They are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic commercial department responsible for being the commercial lead for mixed tenure developments. You must have experience of successfully delivering major open market affordable and contracting housing schemes with values in excess of £5m. This is a senior role, and the successful candidate will have worked in a similar level role for a main contractor or developer. You must be proven in commercial and risk management on similar schemes for similar sized contractors. You will have a reputation for integrity, maturity, and sound business judgment; be totally comfortable working in and managing a team; and possess the creativity, commercial expertise, and commitment to successfully play an important role within the commercial and site teams.
This role can accommodate agile working arrangements.
The Job Role:
- Strive to optimise the profitability of the contracts.
- Ensure that the contracts achieve the optimum cashflow position.
- Presenting and agreeing the external valuation with the client’s representative.
- Produce and monitor cashflows on a monthly basis for the client representative.
- Pricing and agreeing variations with the client’s representative.
- Prepare and manage key and large risk subcontract accounts from inception to final accounts.
- Subcontract procurement strategy and implementation.
- Ensure the procurement of sub-contractors is in line with the Business Management System and that the packages cover the scope of the works.
- Check and ensure compliance and issuing of timely Payment and Pay less notices to Subcontractors.
- Preparing monthly CVR & VCA reports for presentation to the Business Unit Management.
- Prepare monthly reports and present to Joint Venture Partners & Clients.
- Monitoring risk and opportunity schedules and managing risk from Commencement to Completion.
- Provide input and cost and value engineering advice throughout the design life of the scheme and attend design team meetings.
- BSC Hons Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Membership of an industry recognised professional body (CIOB, RICS, CInstCES).
- Training of and understanding of 4p (Viewpoint)
- Management of Assistant Surveyor / Trainee Surveyor
- Experience of COINS
- Competitive basic salary and annual bonus
- Company car, car allowance or travel allowance
- Agile working possible (dependent on role)
- Up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance
- Competitive contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance – 4 x your annual salary
- Share incentive schemes