Our client is an award winning housebuilder operating within the Thames Valley region and is part of a group with one of the largest and secure pipelines of high-quality private and affordable homes in the UK.
They are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the dynamic department and lead the quantity surveying function for two of their major flagship and award winning developments, made up of RC frame and traditional built houses and apartments.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for the following:
* Managing and controlling the project budget, including tracking costs, preparing and analysing cost reports, and identifying and mitigating cost risks.
* Preparing and negotiating contracts with subcontractors, ensuring that all works are completed in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
* Measuring and valuing works completed on site, and preparing and submitting payment applications.
* Liaising with other members of the project team, including the Project Manager, Site Manager and design team, to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget and to the required quality.
* Identifying and implementing cost-saving initiatives, and continuously improving the efficiency of the quantity surveying function.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor in the construction industry.
* Strong technical knowledge of quantity surveying principles and practices.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients, contractors and other members of the project team.
* A proactive and results-oriented approach with a strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
* Proficiency in the use of quantity surveying software such as COINS, including estimating and cost control systems.
* Hybrid flexi working
* Competitive salary and benefits package.
* Opportunity to work on major development projects and make a significant contribution to the company’s success.
* A supportive and collaborative working environment.
* A chance to develop your career and skills through ongoing training and development opportunities.